Portable Cabins by Better Built are built to last, built to serve you well. And we’re here to serve you. We have dozens of cabins plans on file, and we can help you custom design a cabin to meet your needs. But in the current supply shortage and price volatility, we no longer are offering to do cabin finish work. You can finish the interior, of course, or hire a contractor. If you live close to the Perkins area, we can perhaps help you find a contractor.
NOTICE: WE HAVE ADDED A 20% SURCHARGE ON OUR BUILDING PRICES. (The surcharge is not reflected in the table below, nor does it apply to options. We hope to be able to bring our prices back down when costs level out.) Our costs have gone up dramatically. We have to raise prices so we can survive and keep on serving you. We continue to make every effort to find the highest quality materials. Because we build every building with true craftsmanship, “The more you look, the better we look!”
If you prefer a cabin with lofts, go to https://www.okbarns.com/buildings/lofted-cabins/
Pressure treated 4″x6″ runners keep the floor of your portable building high and dry
All framing lumber is 2×4 #2 Douglas Fir, the best available.
Heavy duty floor: 3/4″ tongue & groove decking (50-year warranty) over 2×4 joists (up to 12′ wide) or 2×6 joists, 16″ o.c. (14′ or 16′ wide)
Wood grain 7/16″ Smart Panel siding. 50-year manufacturer’s warranty!
30-year Malarkey Highlander shingles–nailed on, not stapled. No exposed nails.
Two coats of high-quality Benjamin Moore satin paint. Your building will still look new years from now!
Factory door, like you would put in your house. Double-bore, 6-panel is standard. Upgrades available.
2 windows included: vinyl, insulated, single hung, with a screen. Made by Pella.
All sheet materials are #1 APA rated quality
Most important of all, old-fashioned craftsmanship that you can see in every building that leaves our lot! Don’t miss out!
- We can build you a porch in one end of the cabin, or in a corner,
- If you have a door under the eave of your cabin, we can build a dormer that keeps the run-off from the rain from going down your neck as you open the door.
- We have a professional electrician that can turn your building into a cabin or an office!
- Ask about spray foam insulation: tighter, stronger, quieter. That’s the way to go!
- Steps: 22″ x 48″ ($60), 33″ x 64″ ($90), 33″ x 72″ ($100)
- Windows: vinyl, double pane, Low-e, Energy Star rated by Pella: 2′ x 3′ ($180); 3′ x 3′ ($225); 3′ x 4′ ($250).
- We recommend a mini-split heat/a.c. unit for you cabin or office. So quiet and efficient!
- We can custom paint your cabin to match your house. Just bring us the paint code to match. We use superior Benjamin Moore paint.
- Solar board sheathing saves on your heat/a.c. bills. Make your building even better!
- Ask about custom portable building designs to fit your needs.
- Don’t forget: we deliver your Portable Cabin and set it up for you. We can advise you how to prepare your site with a gravel pad, piers or concrete runners.
- And we can anchor our building with earth auger anchors or concrete wedge anchors. Let us do it, and your investment will be protected.
- Better Built means better all around, top to bottom. Better than ever! Not only do we stand behind our work, 24 years and thousands of customers stand behind us!
- Remember: Our prices include two coats of top quality paint. You can see the difference!
- Warranty: We warranty our portable buildings a full 5 years, both materials and labor!
- Siding: Our Smart Panel siding is 7/16″ thick (not 3/8″) and carries a 50-year manufacturer’s warranty. It will not warp like plywood, or dent and fade like metal. And it holds the paint–no peeling, no cracking. A great product.
- Floor: The Advantech or LP Legacy tongue-and-groove flooring we use in our portable cabins carries a 50-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Free delivery within 40 miles, measured from Perkins, OK. (Perkins is 10 miles south of Stillwater, OK).
- Free leveling. We provide blocks and level your portable building. We can also tell you how to prepare piers or a stem wall, or even a gravel pad. Ask.
- Anchors are optional, but they are a worthwhile investment to protect your investment. We can do it for you!
Better Built Barns’ office – 14×32
Inside Better Built Barns office